Rates & Frequently Asked Questions
The costs for the entire weekend is on a per person bases, depending on age:
- $265.00 + HST per person for each of the first two family members (17+).
- $185.00 + HST per person for each additional adult family member (17+).
- $160.00 + HST per person for each youth family member (4-16 years old).
- Free for family members 3 and under.
Additional Options (Based on Availability)
- $100.00 + HST per family for a cabin with a bathroom (toilet and sink only) .
- $125.00 + HST per family for a cabin with a bathroom and shower.
- $125.00 + HST per family for newly renovated cabin.
All camp fees must be paid in full during registration. A $50.00pp admin fee will be applied for cancellations between registration and July 31st. A $75.00pp admin fee will be applied for cancellation after July 31st.
Family Weekend begins at 2:00pm on Friday, August 18th. Upon arrival, simply stop by the registration desk at the parking lot and our staff will assist you with your luggage and cabin assignments.
Family Weekend will end at 1:00pm on Sunday, August 20th.
Use, possession, or distribution of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited. Any guest who violates this policy will be asked to leave camp immediately. No refund will be given.
In Ontario, the legal age for consumption of alcohol and cannabis is 19. Tamarack’s policy is consistent with the provincial law. Those who choose to consume alcohol or cannabis must do so responsibly. If, for whatever reason, the Camp Directors feel that a guest is acting irresponsibly, they will be asked to leave the camp. No alcohol or cannabis will be permitted in any water vehicle. Cannabis is only to be consumed in designated smoking/vaping areas, not within a cabin.
For safety reasons, we ask that all beverages brought to camp be in recyclable plastic, tetra or aluminum cans.
Although we will have a number of certified first aiders on site, all guests are responsible for their own medication. Our medical centre will have a stock of the basics, but if someone in your family requires specific medication, please bring it yourself. If you need to refrigerate any medication, please let us know.
The tuck shop will be open several times throughout the weekend. Be sure to check out all the new Tamarack gear. All items can be paid in cash and/or credit card.
- Cell Phones – we ask that you keep all cell phones in your cabin (or even better in your vehicle).
- All valuables should be kept locked in your car.
- A full schedule will be available closer to the weekend.
- There will be family, kid and adult programs throughout the day.
- If you wish to participate in another activity not on our schedule, just ask! We will do our best to accommodate your request (i.e. sports shed will be open to sign our sports equipment).
- All campers 4 and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- For any food item kept in your cabin, please bring a sealed container.
- Please be on time for all meals.
- Evening babysitting service will be available for a fee paid directly to the babysitter.
- Smoking/vaping – please be advised that smoking/vaping is prohibited except in designated smoking areas.
- Running Shoes
- Flip Flops
- Rain Boots
- Rain Cost
- Bathing Suits
- Warm Jacket (evenings can get chilly in August)
- Hats (for the sun and for the night time)
- Bedding (remember the beds are singles. Sleeping bags work fine as well)
- Warm Blankets
- Toiletries (sunscreen, bug spray, toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo)
- Water Bottle
- DO NOT PACK hair straighteners or dryers
8:00-9:15 – Brunch
9:30-12:00 – Activities
12:30 – Lunch
1:15 – Rest Hour
2:30-5:15 – Activities
5:30 – Get washed up and dressed for dinner
6:30 – Dinner
7:45 – Evening Program
9:30 – Adult Evening Program