Why We Hire Staff From Around the World

While the majority of our staff are people who have previously worked with us and/or were Tamarack campers, each season Tamarack hires new staff members from Canada and around the world. These staff members are an important part of camp. They bring new perspectives and enthusiasm, while exposing our campers to new people, cultures, and ideas. These new staff members enhance the camp experience for everyone.

We encourage international staff applications providing the applicants meet our requirements and can communicate effectively in English.

For most international staff, we will assist you, or refer you to an organization which will work with you, in organizing visas and work permits. There will, however, still be certain matters you’ll need to take care of on your own.

There are a few things to consider before planning to work in or visit Canada:

Working Holiday Visa

Working Holiday Visa allows you to work and travel more casually in Canada. Most staff choose this over a Work Permit as it allows them the flexibility to travel before or after camp, or work elsewhere in Canada during their stay.

Provided that you meet certain country-specific criteria, as far as we know, citizens of the following countries are eligible for a Working Holiday Visa:

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, the United Kingdom.

Citizens of the United States: Please contact us regarding information that you’ll need in order to work in Canada

Age limits are from 18-30 for most countries and 18-35 for citizens of Chile, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, Ireland and Switzerland.

Some countries’ programs specify that the applicant must be a full-time student; others do not, and some have separate programs for students and non-students. The type of work allowed and the maximum duration of stay depends on the applicant’s country of residence.

For more information please check out the website of Foreign Affairs Canada.

Canadian Work Permits/Visas

In cases where you are unable to get a Working Holiday Visa, you’ll need to get a Work Permit/Visa. You should contact the Canadian Embassy in your country to discover what you will be required to do to work in Canada.

If you find that you do need a Temporary Work Permit to work in Canada, please keep in mind that these take time to process. In some cases, these processing timesmight make it impossible to work at camp. Check with the Canadian Embassy in your country.

For More Work Permit information, please check out Immigration Canada.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *