- Creative Arts
- Campers can mold and sculpt cups, bowls, dishes or anything their hearts desire
- All harnesses, helmets and other safety equipment are provided and checked regularly
- Staff members undergo special extensive training prior to the beginning of the camp season
- At the top of the climbing walls is a platform where campers can gather and enjoy a snack or lunch together!
- Our state-of-the-art cooking studio was built recently and is fully equipped with stove, oven, refrigerator, freezer, utensils, and every ingredient in the book
- Campers enjoy learning about the art of cooking in a hands-on, safe, and controlled environment
- Recipes are written on a big white board and delicacies prepared include cookies, brownies, sushi, muffins, pizza and more
- A true recipe for a good time!
- Draw-paint-bead-stitch-build: at Tamarack’s awesome creative arts facility you can do it all
- With the opportunity to make sets for our plays and plaques/decorations for our special programs, there are many ways for our artists to develop their talents and shine!
- Our dance program has its own facility (equipped with multiple mirrors) and is proudly overseen by the ‘Groove School of Dance’
- Whether it is during scheduled periods, theatre performances, talent shows, dance shows, all-day programs, or camp socials, there is no shortage of opportunities to dance your heart out at Tamarack
- Each summer, campers from Tamarack also compete in a ‘Dance Inter-Camp’ and currently we are the defending champions!
- Lights, camera, action!
- Down at video, campers learn about movie genres, editing and can even write and film their own skits
- Each month, the whole camp gathers for a video show, and at the end of the summer our multi-media staff put on a final banquet slide show of pictures
- Moreover, each fall, Tamarack hosts its official summer video release in a movie theatre where campers get to see themselves up on the biggest of all screens!
- New state-of-the-art Karaoke Studio in Summer 2014!
- Campers will get the opportunity to belt out their favourite songs in an encouraging and supportive environment.
- Check out your camper’s great performance here.
- Music is incorporated into our radio, theatre and evening programs
- Throughout the summer, campers will also participate in unit cheers and sing-songs learning about pitch, tone, enunciation and harmony, while having fun
- Campers are encouraged to bring their own and enjoy Tamrack’s musical instruments (i.e. guitars and ukeleles) to camp to play in activities, during free time, talent shows, and special programs
- Campers will get special opportunities to practice their DJ skills and learn about mixing music
- Located at the centre of camp, the Tamarack radio station (106.3 FM) is a hub for action
- During activity periods, campers learn about broadcasting, voice range, music types and the more technical side of radio
- Campers can make song requests throughout the day, play ‘Name That Tune’, and participate in our many radio shows!
- Our performing arts program is overseen by Zodiactors professionals and is hosted in our state-of-the-art theatre (“The Royal Alexandra” as we call it!), which is equipped with brand new lighting and sound systems
- At theatre, music coaches, drama specialists, choreographers, and theatre professionals assist campers in developing and honing their talents
- Each unit will put on a Broadway musical during the summer, which have in the past included ‘Grease’, ‘High School Musical’, ‘Mamma Mia’, ‘Hairspray’ and more!
- There are many other ‘camp shows’ to get involved in including lip-synching competitions, talent shows, music shows, dance shows, and more!